What are complex physical and learning disability needs
Complex physical disabilities are long term impairments which make it difficult for people to carry out day to day tasks. We support adults with learning disabilities who also have complex physical needs.
If you have complex physical disabilities with learning disabilities you may need help with:
- Advanced medical challenges
- Learning and developing skills that enable you to live more independently
Picture above ↑
We have access to the equipment and facilities you need, so you can take part in the activities you enjoy
How we help adults with complex physical disabilities and learning disabilities
We do not focus on your impairments. Instead we address what support and practical help you need to do what you want. We help you live more independently.
Whilst you may be unable to physically complete an activity on your own, we are committed to involving you in the activities that affect your life. We are developing our services so that you have the opportunity to fulfill your aspirations and be more involved in your day to day life.
We work with other professionals and communicate and co-ordinate all the resources required to make sure your needs are met. This includes support:
- To access and use the equipment you need such as mobility aids and assistive technology
- With additional healthcare needs such as peg feeding, movement, and access to Community Nurses and Occupational Therapists
- The use of communication aids that enhance your involvement in decision making
- To access sensory facilities
- To apply for specific grants
We have strong links to other professionals to make sure the people that support you have up to date training in the specific areas of healthcare you need. For example, your support team has access to training in mobility, personal hygiene, epilepsy, medication provision, equipment usage and anything else you might need.
It is also important to us that we get your feedback so you can influence how we develop the our services. You can provide feedback here.
Support for people with complex physical and learning disabilities in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire
Whatever your complex physical and learning disability needs, the Augusta Care team is available to help at any time. Reach us:
Resources for adults with physical disabilities and learning disabilities
- Cambridgeshire County Council: Services for people with physical disabilities
- Learning Disability Today's complex needs resource