Hospital discharge minimises long stays in hospital and prevents unnecessary admissions to residential and nursing homes
Any kind of stay in hospital is likely to leave you feeling vulnerable. We can help you feel more secure by
- Coming in to talk to your and your family. We can do this before you go into hospital or whilst you are in hospital. This will help to establish your specific needs for when you get home.
- Helping to prepare your home for your return from hospital. This can include setting up your room to suit your needs.
- Support you at home with whatever support you need. This could be domestic support, personal care, healthcare support and companionship.
Depending on your particular health care needs our hospital discharge services can provide specially trained carers to take care of you at home.
Who is hospital discharge for?
Our hospital discharge service is suitable for adults who want to return home after an operation or treatment, but who will require additional support in the short term. Other services that might be suitable for adults who are leaving hospital are reablement and home care services.
Is hospital discharge right for you?
- You can recover at home
If you are going into hospital for an operation or treatment that requires admission you are likely to want to go home as soon as possible. Hospital discharge can enable home recovery much sooner.
- You need intermediate care
Some people who have been in hospital will need short term support to help them get back on their feet. Hospital discharge services are designed to provide that short-term recovery support.
- Ongoing health and social care needs
If you have ongoing health and social care needs it is not viable for you to stay in hospital in the medium to long term. Our hospital discharge service can get you home and lead into other types of support such as reablement, homecare or live in care.
- Tailored support
Hospital discharge provides support that is specific to your individual health and personal needs.
How we help
Companionship | Communication | Lifestyle and social integration | Personal care | Health and medication | Education | Employment | Transport | Protection and safety | Specific individual needs
Augusta Care hospital discharge services are available in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Lincolnshire and surrounding areas
Whatever your hospital discharge needs, the Augusta Care team is available to help at any time. Reach us